Saturday, August 2, 2014

He's a Big Boar



That's a great story about your pig watching tv
I was thinking about getting myself a dog
Then a friend said he had a pig for sale with no legs
So I got the pig instead and I call him "Ground Hog" 

You might think that mobility would be a problem
It's not really, he just rolls everywhere
I like to take him along when I jog downtown
So I can watch all the people stare

He loves to ride in the back of my pig-up truck
He'll raise his head up and look all around
I sometimes drive him out to the farm
So he can squeal at the fine swine that abound

He likes to watch old Chuck Norris movies
Maybe I should have named him "Pork Chop"
He likes for me to fix some hog pop corn
And go get some ice cream from the Stop N Slop

Compared to owning a lively puppy
Ground Hog is really a big boar
But he's always there for me though
And that's really what I got him for

(This poem was written for a contest utilizing the word "pig".)

No comments:

Post a Comment